Monday, December 21, 2009

Happy 5th Birthday, Tyler!

Gavyn slept in a little late this morning because he has been sick the last couple of days.  I went into his room to gently wake him up.  He did a couple of long, exaggerated stretches, a little bit of a wake-up dance, and then a huge smile crept upon his face.  He held his arms out for a hug, gave me a huge bear hug, then started to pat my back.  After about five minutes, I pulled away to talk to him and he pulled me in for another one which lasted about two minutes.  I'm so glad that he's usually in a good mood in the mornings.  He certainly must've gotten that from Daddy.  Anyway, today is Tyler's 5th birthday and we're going to have a little party at my house.  My mom had to do some last-minute shopping for him yesterday, and the only way this could be accomplished without him seeing the gift was for me to actually do it.  So we bought him his Spiderman skateboard complete with an Iron Man helmet and pads (they didn't have Spiderman, give me a break).  I sat there for a good ten minutes contemplating how to wrap a heavy skateboard with wheels coming out of the bottom without it ripping through the wrapping paper.  Then I had James find me a hefty box to put it in.  Shortcut.  We got him some Wolverine gloves with pop-out retractable claws and some action figures.  He's going to be thrilled with all of it.  So will Gavyn, because he'll get to play with whatever Tyler is least interested in while he's over, haha.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails