Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

This is how we'll be celebrating Mother's Day! It's decided. We're going to Red Lobster. The Cheddar Bay Biscuits are actually not my favorite part of going to Red Lobster, believe it or not. What I love the most is the New England Clam Chowder. It's so delicious. I usually fill up on the salad, chowder, and biscuits and by the time the food gets there I can eat maybe a couple of bites!

The three of us are going, and unfortunately Red Lobster (near us, anyway) doesn't take reservations. So as soon as we get off of work we're going to get dressed, pick Gavyn up from Tammy's, and head over there - since I'm sure there'll be like an hour wait. Everyone keeps asking if someone is watching Gavyn for us. I think it's kind of silly to not spend Mother's Day with your child. Isn't that the point? Otherwise they might as well call it "Significant Other Day". Anyway... I hope everyone enjoys their Mother's Day!

EDIT: I am a hypocrite. Turns out today was Danielle (James' cousin)'s graduation party that we forgot about. So James' parents had Gavyn in Clearwater and we could either a) go to Clearwater with all of James' family in our work outfits (James had a polo and pants, not bad... I, on the other hand, was sporting a sarong and tank top)... Or b) continue on our plans to Red Lobster and hope they'd have Gavyn back by a decent time. We went to Red Lobster and it was delicious. James and I each ordered our own chowder and appetizer and then split a meal. It was the perfect amount (plus leftovers) so I think that's the route we'll take from now on. Gavyn was home by about 7:30, so we kept him up a little late so that I could spend time with him. Why do I always write about food as if you care about my eating patterns? Whatever, it's almost midnight and I am sick and delirious, but a proud Momma whose Mommy's Day is almost over. Goodnight!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails