Saturday, May 11, 2013

Another Kind of Accidental Hiatus

I really want to try to start updating this again.  I knew it had been awhile since my last update, but a few of my posts randomly popped up on my ever-changing Facebook layout and I started to read some of them.  I find that for instant gratification with uploading something so that I can look back at it and remember it, Instagram has been my go-to sort of photo blog, but it's just that -- a photo blog.  I slap on a little caption and then it's added to the thousands of other photos I've already posted.  I mean, don't get me wrong, I do frequently look back through photos on there, and if you're like me and are constantly taking pictures it's a good way to keep the pictures without having to store them on your phone and waste that space.  However, it's just not the same looking back at Instagram pictures as it is reading my old blog or journal posts.  I think my very first online journaling experience goes all the way back to 2004 with LiveJournal.  It's funny and amusing to be able to read all of my angsty teenager posts and see how different (and sometimes the same) my views were back then.  Going two years without posting is leaving out quite a bit of pertinent information for me to be able to look back on later!  So even if the point of my posts are just to complain about my lack of posting, I'm going to try to update this a little more often.  Maybe even try to write in my real journal once in awhile, too.  Anyway, here's a post about not posting which will hopefully be followed up by another post real soon!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I randomly come back here and post. I should start posting more again too, but live is so busy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails