Friday, July 9, 2010

Update!

Oh, I know, I've been slacking.  But between a combination of school work, work work, baby making work, and parenting work...  I've been just a liiiittle exhausted.

So, while I've been busy, the baby has been ever so busy growing.  Since my last update (Week 6 - Sweet Pea), the baby grew to the size of a Blueberry (Week 7), then a Raspberry (Week 8), and now the little rascal is the size of an Olive (Week 9).

Rather than give you a visual idea through a photograph of a piece of fruit, I'd like to present, without further adieu...

Our little bean!

Well, I've heard peanut, bean, little beanie baby, granddaughter, grandson, grandbaby, aww wittle baby, alien, and even Plankton (from SpongeBob) so far, so feel free to leave your input.  But, when I saw that little heartbeat flicker on the screen, I was beaming.  Another four weeks until we actually get to hear the heartbeat, and I can't wait.  The little line you see to the right of little beanie baby (as James liked to say) is actually the amniotic sac.  Our doctor said it's usually not visible and this is actually a very clear picture for only 9 weeks.

In other news, we had a really nice 4th of July.  I'm terrible with making plans, because I make too many and keep too few, but this year we decided to keep true to our tradition and went to James' parents house to grill and blow some stuff up.  Tammy took table cloths and laid them on the pool table and had a huge spread of food that took up the entire pool table for us to eat.  We had a few friends over, too.  We blew off tons of fireworks and hopefully learned our lesson that just because they LOOK bigger (i.e. huge box that says it lights off 50 fireworks, etc.) doesn't meant they ARE better.  Those buy 1 get 1 $75 all-in-one fireworks were just a waste.  Next time I'll stick to our tried and true little boxes that have what they look like on the side and a huge tube to put the little firework balls into.

Since we're not going to be able to put Gavyn in preschool, I'm looking for different things that our family can do with him during the day while we're at work which will help him learn the same concepts.  So I'll be on the hunt over the next year for all things Leapfrog/preschool education/that sort of thing.  If you're reading this and have any suggestions, please let me know.  Believe it or not, NickJr.com has really great games that focus on the alphabet, shapes, colors, and numbers.

I'm at work right now waiting for James to get off since I got off 42 minutes ago.  That explains why this post is so long!  I'm gonna wrap it up for now and go wrap my mouth around a delicious shredded beef taco from Chipotle.  YUM.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails