Sunday, February 21, 2010

FLDSMDFR (pronounced FL-DS-MDFR)

My neglect towards you has flourished, Blogspot.  Life has been keeping me busy lately, perhaps taking over and not leaving enough time for you.  I've been living in a paradoxical universe where Blogger isn't always my number one priority, and so my reputation precedes me.  I've been known to update frequently, nag my friends who can't seem to keep up, and then do the same myself.  It's a vicious, never-ending cycle.

The main factors in my life are still family, school, and work.  I'm still maintaining balance between the three, and still able to find time for my new obsession (because I always have one), which lately has been revamping my wardrobe.  I'm an UrbanOutfitters.com regular and an eBay enthusiast.  I'm that person who bids on that item that you've been watching for 3 days, 6 hours, and 32 seconds in the last 30 second stretch.  I win.

Our debt is now only a quarter of what it used to be, and it feels so sweet!  Cutting up plastic cards has never been so fulfilling (and difficult, apparently I need a new pair of scissors).


The three of us have been up to the usual.  Right now I'm half-watching Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs with my boys while trying to successfully complete a post for the first time in nearly a month.  Let's hope you're not saved as a draft.  Anyways, we've been spending a lot of time at home together or with family lately.  I've also been spending a lot of time doing school work.  The amount of school work that I have has at least doubled since last semester.  I am still maintaining my 4.0 though, at least until Summer when I have to take Algebra, yuck.  I've taught Gavyn a new dance that he regularly practices in public.  It's called the "I Did It Dance."  He bends his elbows so that his arms form an "L" and moves them up and down, one at a time while singing, "I did it, I did it!"  He did the dance on the way back from the bathroom to the dinner table tonight with Grandpa by his side.

This update has brought me to the conclusion that I have not been taking nearly enough photos or videos lately.  I'll have to work on that.  I would've loved to have been able to post a little preview of the "I Did It Dance," but I hope you'll accept an I.O.U.  For now, I'm going to work on devoting my full attention to this movie and cuddling up to my little family while Emma continuously headbutts me from above the couch.

EDIT:  I forgot to mention that as of February 1, 2010, Gavyn is *OFFICIALLY* potty-trained!  The only time he wears a diaper or pull-up is at night.  Even when we go out, he is wearing big boy underwear!  My little baby is growing up so fast...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails