Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Very Eager Gavyn

I just wanted to post really quick because I got so excited that I almost cried.  Gavyn is learning to READ (sort of)!  I've been reading The Very Hungry Caterpillar to him every night before bed.  Each night after I do, he "reads" it to back me.  We count how many fruits the caterpillar eats, identify what everything is (i.e. the sun, the moon, the tree, the caterpillar), point out the colors of everything, etc.  Usually when he's "reading" back to me, he just flips through the pages, mumbles, and counts.  Today, he said, "and he was STILL hungry!"  He counted the fruits, as usual, pointed out the colors, and...  When he flipped to the very last page he said, "Beautiful butterfly!  The end!"  !!!!  I LOVE Gavyn, I LOVE being a mom, and if being a teacher is even remotely as satisfying, I will LOVE my job.  I have a video of him that I took really quick, but I'm going to take a better one for keepsakes tomorrow with my camcorder.  I've got to start paying attention to Dexter, it's the season finale!  Ciao!



EDIT: OH MY GOD, THE SEASON FINALE OF DEXTER HAS ME AT A LOSS FOR WORDS.

PS, After everything is resolved with our attorney and the insurance companies, I can update you on the car accident.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails