Monday, December 14, 2009

The day of the eye-mauling insect

You read the title correctly.  My eye was mauled by an insect today.  Arms flailing while backing out in the WalMart parking lot, I frantically tried to wipe it out of my eye.  James stared at me, baffled.  I exclaimed that there was a bug in my eye, half-crying.  Silence, then...  Laughter.  "My life will never be the same, I'm traumatized."  "If you don't stop touching your eye I'm going to poke out the other one."  "At what point did the bug think, 'Hey, there's an eye.  I think I'll fly in it!'?"  "You are so dramatic, I've had a wasp fly into my mouth when I was riding a bike, I spit it out and kept riding."  "Yeah, well, your eye has never been the grave site for an insect."
I'm not sure what type of insect it was, even though I was trying to keep an eye on it.
Buh duh bum.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails