Friday, May 1, 2009

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

I just got back from watching X-Men Origins: Wolverine. It was intense, I was clenching my jaw the entire time. I've noticed I do this when I'm watching intense action scenes in movies. When I realize that I'm doing it, I have to put conscious effort into releasing my jaw muscles. I was asking James questions throughout the entire movie, which I know must've been pretty annoying, but I was thoroughly intrigued and wanted to know more about the back story. Apparently I'll need to watch 1, 2 and 3 again. It's been awhile.

Ah, yes. And the theatre was packed because we went today, the day that it was released, a Friday. Which means there were tons of children roaming free. When a little boy, Shawn, plopped down on the seat next to me along with his younger brother, Seth, and older brother, Steven... I gave them a few Starbursts and got to know their back story while we waited for the movie to start. Anyway, I came to find out that Shawn is 10, Seth is 9, they are one grade apart, they really like Starbursts, and they really like to express their excitement during the fight scenes. Oh, also, Shawn pointed out to me numerous times that it's metal (it's actually adamantium, but who am I to argue) coming out of Wolverine's arms, "LIKE THIS!!!!" as he motioned to me exactly where the claws came from on his arm.

So, yes. I do occasionally talk to little strangers and feed them Starbursts.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails