Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Flickr Favs

I found this neat little project over at ArtMind and decided to try it out. If you go to Multicolr Search Lab you can sort out Flickr images by color. It's really neat and fun to put together.
I decided to make a mosiac of gray today because this is what it looks like outside and so it is, in turn, how I am feeling inside. The weather has always drastically affected my moods, especially when it's dreary outside. And because of the weather, it's very slow at work today, so the day has been dragging on like a...
I was drawing a blank there so I googled "dragging on like a" and came up with some really funny results that made me giggle:
Dragging on like a...
1. Turtle with knee problems
2. Congressional election
3. Drawn out celebrity trial
4. Soap opera
5. Puppy tied to the bumper of a speeding buick - it just keeps getting bloodier and more painful to watch
6. Death row inmate's last meal
7. Superstition in a nihilist
8. Handicapped snail
9. John McCain speech
...What's your phrase?

5 comments:

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

Thanks for playin Ashley! I love your mosaic because it's full of textures and I just love textures! :)
Hope you will feel less grey soon though.
I also loved the way how you explained 'dragging on...' LOL :)

Anonymous said...

Funny how the weather affects not only our mood but our colour choice :) Hope you feel less grey soon - but I loved how your mosaic worked in those subtle shades :)

Megan said...

Haha, hilarious!

Hopefully the weather will be more yellow and bright blue soon ... with white, puffy clouds!

Ashley Newton said...

Yeh, there's a Macaroni Grill right by our apt here, I like it alot, but idk, nothing beat Carrabbas! and there was some place in spring hill that had realllly good eggplant parmesan ...johnny carino's? I can't remember the name, that may be wrong. lol, I was bummed when that place closed though.

and dustin haates talking on the phone to ANYONE. he won't even order pizza, hah, but he didnt want me to yell at the lady because he thought I wouldn't get any money back.

Ashley said...

Thank you! Not only is it quite beautiful, but it is also insanely comfortable. For the past week I have found myself sleeping on it as opposed to my own bed, haha. I should probably break this habit before it gets out of hand =P

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails