Saturday, April 23, 2011

An Eggcellent Easter.

Yesterday we made an attempt at decorating some Easter eggs, but armed with only seven eggs (one of which broke prior to me boiling it and one of which cracked when I dropped it post-boiling), we didn't get very far with our level of creativity.  I mean, it definitely wasn't a Halo Reach pumpkin status (show off, James)...  So today I'm going to pick up another kit on my way home from work and go for take two.  Tomorrow I'm having my mom + kids, Aunt Caryn + kids, and my cousin Tina + kids over for a huge Easter feast and Easter egg hunt to follow.  We're going to have the infamous dishes which I get made fun of on the regular by anyone who knows my family and their infinitely unique recipe titles.  "Broccoli dish" and "potato dish" alongside my mom's delicious glazed ham.  I bought about 150 eggs with candy and toys inside along with bubbles and sticky hands to keep the children happy.  There was talk of a beer hunt for the guys, and I think it'll be an all around good time, especially because I get out of work an hour early tomorrow which means I'll be home in time for everything but not early enough to have to cook :P

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails