Thursday, April 23, 2009

Food? Food, food. Food!

James and I have marked every other Thursday as our official grocery shopping day. Today is that day. Here's what's on the menu for this week:

  • Party Chicken (It's a party in your mouth!) with a side of potato dish
  • Baked Teriyaki Chicken served over brown rice
  • James' delicious marinated steaks with asparagus
  • Sloppy Joes with chips
  • "Potato Delish!"
  • Creamy Potato Soup with bacon and green onion
  • Hamburgers on the grill
  • Meatloaf with homemade scalloped potatoes
  • Homemade Lasagna with breadsticks
  • Ham steaks with homemade mashed potatoes

Typing that made me so hungry it's unreal! I'm especially looking forward to trying out the Teriyaki Chicken for the first time. On an unrelated note, Gavyn managed to poop everywhere a couple of days ago, AGAIN. It was all over his hands and all over the playpen at Tammy's house. Yum. Another random fact, one of my co-workers, Melissa, told me that the other day James said, "There's no one in the world like Ashley. I know that for a fact." So cute. I'm always flattered when people say things like that to/about me. I don't think that there's a better compliment you could receive.

When we get home from grocery shopping I'm doing one of the following: a) Passing out for a nap or b) Playing Toe Jam & Earl on Sega (if it has arrived). And I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty excited about choice b). By the way, I know you might be thinking to yourself... Damn, she talks about food A LOT! You might even be wondering if I'm some kind of fatty. The answer is yes and no. Time to go.

3 comments:

Megan said...

All of that sounds so good!

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH, I haven't played Toe Jam and Earl in forever. That used to be my favorite game EVER!

Unknown said...

Yeah, The knot. com is amazing. But I was thinking, depending on where you are as far as photography, maybe you could do the pictures. I OF COURSE would pay you. I am just trying to find ways to save a little bit of money where ever I can. And i think you are an amazing photographer.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails